For First time patients:
For First Time Patients I ask that you book at least a 45 minute session. This allows me to go through a thorough history and assessment and get you started on treatment. When you attend physiotherapy for the first time, you will be asked to fill out a New Patient Intake Form. You will be prompted to fill this out when booking online the first time. If you did not make your appointment online, please print and fill out the New Patient Intake Form and bring it with you to your appointment. During your first visit, you will be asked questions about your injury, medications, and past medical history. Any special test reports (e.g. xrays, ultrasounds, MRI, CT scans) can be reviewed to help assess your injury. Please bring copies with you if you have them. The assessment will involve observing how your body, joints, and muscles move. Depending on the area of injury, it may be appropriate to bring a tank top or shorts to allow the therapist see how the injured area looks and feels. The assessment findings will be discussed with you and a treatment plan outlined so you will know what to expect to get better.
Booking an Appointment:
Typically sessions are either 30, 45 or 60 minutes. You can decide what works best for you and your schedule. Ideally, the first appointment should be a minimum of 45 minutes to be able to thoroughly assess and begin treatment. If you select a 30-minute Initial/New injury appointment, it may be more assessment than treatment. Subsequent /follow-up appointments can usually be 30 minutes. There is no receptionist to book your appointment. Booking an appointment can in be done 2 ways:
- Book online! When you book online for the first time, you will be asked to "sign up" with a username and password (remember to note this for future booking). You will be prompted to fill out an Intake Form which consists of your patient profile, past medical history, consents. Once this is set up, future bookings will be an easy 3 “click” process (sign -in, select appointment type, select a date/time). Follow the “Book Appointment” link on this website.
- If you are not comfortable using the on-line process… no problem. Call me at 604-240-6775. If you get the answering machine, I may be treating other clients. Leave a message and I will get back to you that day to book an appointment.
Cancelling an Appointment
- For cancelling appointments, please do not reply to the automatic reminders that the scheduling system emails out.
- If cancelling prior to 24 hours of your appointment, you can log onto the scheduling system with your user name and password and cancel under your “booked appointments”
- If you haven’t been booking appointments on the online system, you will need to phone to cancel.
- If cancelling within 24 hours of your appointment you will need to call 604-240-6775; you may be charged a full treatment fee for the appointment. However, the cancellation fee may be waived if I am able to re-book your appointment time with another client.